Safety Precautions for Your Visit
We are following all the new guidelines laid out by the CDC, ADA, and MDA for PPE, universal precautions, and new screening protocols.
Our office strives to meet and exceed the guidelines recommended for dental offices and so we have taken the following additional steps to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- We are now utilizing a new online system which allows for easier patient communication, scheduling, and the use of online forms which will minimize our use of paper and pen in the office.
- We installed UV light air purification systems on all three office furnaces which kills 99.9% of all viruses, bacteria, and allergens circulating in the office which cycles through every 8 minutes.
- We increased our suction capacity and will be utilizing double suction units that comfortably and simultaneously rest your jaw, keep your tongue back, and protect the back of your throat while suctioning as your hygienist cleans your teeth. We have also incorporated a high volume suction with a wider opening to catch aerosols while we work.
- A pre-procedure mouthrinse prior to your appointment which helps kill bacteria and viruses in the mouth
- We replaced all the carpeting in our operatories with a hard vinyl floor to make disinfection easier.
- An anti-viral fog treatment and carpet cleaning of the entire office was performed before we installed the air purification system.
When you schedule your appointment, you’ll also notice the following changes:
- We are updating all patient medical histories through our new online forms which includes a COVID-19 section.
- When all patients arrive, you will remain in your car and text our office to let us know you are here. We will give you instructions on when the office will be ready for you.
- Our office will not be accessible to anyone except patients with appointments and one parent or guardian if accompanying a minor. All others will need to remain in their car.
- Due to our increased PPE, the office temperature will be a few degrees cooler than normal. We have clean blankets available if needed.